Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Have you ever heard of P90X? Yea, you know what I am talking about. The workout that makes you sweat so much that you have no choice but to lose weight. What about the workout Insanity? If you have done that workout before, it will separate the boys from the men.

I am a huge workout guy. I have done it all. I have tried the workout supplements, P90X, Insanity, and even all three at the same time. Yes, it sounds crazy, and it was, but the results I got were ridiculous. I started it all my 9th grade year of high school. I was the kid who got made fun of because of his weight. I was 15 years old, 5’6”, and over 200 lbs. I was the one who wanted to make the varsity football and baseball team, but just wasn’t fast enough or strong enough to cut it.
I started off my 9th grade year with just supplements and used free weights. My arms got huge. There was a rumor going around my school that I was on steroids because my arms got so big, but I can assure you I wasn’t. I wasn’t satisfied with my results because even though my arms were getting bigger, my waistline was too. I then switched to P90X. I did this program for 6 weeks, and lost 25 lbs. My abs were now somewhat visible, and I started varsity for both football and baseball, but my abs were not fully formed yet.
I realized that I didn’t fallow the workout exactly. I was doing the workouts every day like I was supposed to, but I never opened up that nutrition book to see what I needed to eat out of it.
I then bought the Insanity workout, and followed that program to-a-tee. I read the nutrition book, I watched every video once before I worked out so that I would not be lost and have my form completely correct. I was dedicated to getting my body in the best shape of my life. I ended up losing 10 lbs in the first 10 days of the workout. This is amazing. I took in almost 3000 calories a day, 2,864 to be exact, and still lost a lbs a day.

Video courtesy of 7CitiesGetFit via YouTube


These workouts know what they are talking about. They help save lives. According to the video, this woman had a possibility of having diabetes, but thanks to P90X, she won’t get it now. I also saw a video where a man was diagnosed with diabetes, and was possibly going to die from his disease, but after participating in P90X, he was able to play with his grandchildren again.
The experts at dietspotlight.com, a nutrition and health fitness for men and women, created an article, P90X Review, which reviewed P90X and said this, “With a full workout plan, the money-back guarantee and a diet guide, P90X is one of the most comprehensive workout systems that we’ve seen offered“ (par. 1). This means that P90X is perfect for everyone.

Beachbody.com is the company that makes these workouts, supplements, and nutrition guides, and they are the ones to thank. If it wasn’t for this Web site, I wouldn’t be in the place I am today. I received a full paid college scholarship because the Army wanted someone that was not only smart, but physically fit too. So this is a thank you to beach body.com. Check them out. I DARE YOU!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Josh,

    This is a great topic to talk about. I am not one to workout, but wish I was. Hearing your results makes me want to start & try! :P I've never had to watch what I ate or workout, but as I get older & after I have had a child, I am afraid I need to start doing something regularly. This might be too intense for me, but the results sounds GREAT!

    "These workouts know what they are talking about. They help save lives." Especially from hearing about your results, I believe these products work. I think it is important to follow them very closely though & not "cheat" at all.

    "This is amazing. I took in almost 3000 calories a day, 2,864 to be exact, and still lost a lbs a day." This is still just amazing to me. I would LOVE to eat that much! HA! I would probably kill over though! :P & I hate working out, something I wish I could enjoy!

    Good post & thanks for sharing on such a trendy, but good topic!

    Rhino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Josh,

    This is such an interesting topic! Obesity is a big deal in today's society and it plagues a lot of people, including myself.

    The results that you got from doing P90X were amazing! I had no idea that it could work so fast in such a limited time.

    Although I believe it's very important to be healthy, working out and eating the right types of foods isn't necessarily going to guarantee that you don't get diabetes or any other type of disease that is usually associated with obesity. Many of these diseases, mostly diabetes, is genetic and even extremely healthy, fit young people can get diabetes.

    This was a great post because it is very important to teach the next generation how to be fit and healthy starting at a young age.

    Genet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Josh,

    I think programs like this are so helpful to those who just don't know where to start when it comes to working out. They help put people on a plan to get them fit. It's great that it really worked for you also!

    I completely agree that the workouts can help save lives. Some people have gotten to a place where their weight is actually affecting their health. Being overweight can have many negative effects on your body. Some of these might include back pain, diabetes, and heart disease.

    My husband actually uses free weights and supplements ritually! So, I actually know they results that can come from them. He's kind of in the place you where as far as wanting more than just huge arms. This post will really help!

    I think with the rising obesity rates, this topic is great! I think it would benefit a lot of people if they would just try these programs.

    Springbok

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Writer,

    Thanks for posting this great blog. I think you chose an excellent topic that not only you can relate to, but about 65% of the U.S. population. It was so interesting to hear your own experience and be reminded about how some companies are benefiting our everyday lives by making us healthier.

    One statement that stood out to me was "I took in almost 3000 calories a day, 2,864 to be exact, and still lost a lbs a day." This is amazing, and I'm so glad that your workout was this successful. Apparently, the program was really helpful and actually worked, unlike many weight loss plans these days.

    I totally agreed with you when you stated that you "received a full paid college scholarship because the Army wanted someone that was not only smart, but physically fit too." I think that it's a great representation of how the company not only impacted your physical health, but will continue to ripple effect into your everyday life forever. Being able to go to college with the Army scholarship has already opened more doors for you in the future. You will forever reap the benefits of your good health.

    Thanks for posting this inspiring blog. It really makes me want to go out and assure my physical health, too. Keep up the good work, and congratulations on your new fitness levels!

    Sincerely,

    Baltimore Oriole

    ReplyDelete